Dr. Benjamin and Marian Schuster

Dr. Benjamin Schuster (1923-2012) and Marian Schuster (1926-2007) were a dynamic duo in medicine, philanthropy and the arts.  Dr. Schuster has been recognized nationally and internationally for his excellence and innovations in cardiology and healthcare administration.  He received a litany of awards and recognitions in his career as surgeon, mentor, teacher, researcher and philanthropist and was a member of 11 medical societies.  Mrs. Schuster, an accomplished pianist, trained medical worker, and amateur painter, was a board member of the Victoria Theatre Association, the Opera Guild of Dayton, The Dayton Ballet and Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra and served as the chair of the Medici Society of the Dayton Art Institute.   She and her husband were the recipients of the Citizens Legion Award presented by the President’s Club of Dayton. Their generosity benefitted the arts, Wright State University and Kettering Hospital. The crowning glory of the Schusters’ philanthropy and leadership in the arts is the Benjamin and Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center.  A Dayton dream of three decades was realized with the 2003 opening of the Performing Arts Center that bears their names