Richard H. Grant, Sr.
Richard H. Grant, Sr., business writers called him "America's Number One Salesman" as he was soley responsible for pushing the Chevrolet car sales ahead of Ford sales in 1927 and years beyond. He came to Dayton in 1904 as a salesman for the National Cash Register Company. He moved on to sell for Delco Light Company. General Motors wanted someone to lead the Chevrolet sales team and Grant was the man to do the job. He later acquired controlling interest in Reynolds & Reynolds and became CEO. His mansion, built in 1930, lives on today as Normandy Church. Much of the Normandy Farm land became Grant Park and Grant Nature Center to preserve the legacy of Richard H. Grant, Sr.